2017/06/13

June 13, 2002 - 2017

Untitled
June 13, 2002: Went to Gothenburg Botanical Garden with my ex and his family.

Untitled
June 13, 2003: My ex and I had bought an apartment in central Gothenburg and we were renovating like crazy. It was a fun and also exhausting time. I was cooking a lot and discovered so much new-to-me food.

Untitled
June 13, 2004: This is the church where I grew up, I love the architecture so much. The inside is absolutely amazing, I have to go there and take pictures next time I'm visiting Luleå. My dad is working there as a janitor.

Untitled
June 13, 2005: I had just moved to my own apartment after a very difficult divorce (I loved him so much - after 12 years it's still hard to think about this time). Went through my stuff and found a note from my Latin teacher (when I was about age 17). It says Worried about her behaviour. Restless in class, escapism. Well, I just wanted to go far, far away as a teenager.

Untitled
June 13, 2006: I had moved in with Johan after a year of living on my own and was sketching on crochet characters. The one to the right later became the Buttcrack Character.

Untitled
June 13, 2007: Johan's dad gave us a huge cheese. I seriously think I'm addicted to cheese. My friend Eili told me her first memory of me is us sitting in a bar and I pick up a pack of cheese and give her a slice. I learned the other week that cheese in Finnish is juusto. I should change my name ;)

Untitled
June 13, 2008: Was babysitting Camilla's sweet Morran (RIP) and was trying out my new 50mm lens.

Untitled
June 13, 2009: Our tiny flat in Gothenburg, the light there was so strange and it was very difficult to take pictures.

Untitled
June 13, 2010: Johan was baking burger bread and made salmon burgers. They were so delicious! This was our last summer in Sweden.

Untitled
June 13, 2011: Bang! We had moved to Berlin and took a walk to Neukölln and then back home, enjoying a beer by the Spree river on our way.

Untitled
June 13, 2012: A walk through Kreuzberg and Alt-Treptow.

Untitled
June 13, 2013: Watching over our home bar with a crazy face + having coffee on the balcony.

Untitled
June 13, 2014: Took a walk to Prenzlauer Berg to enjoy some coffee.

Untitled
June 13, 2015: Blurry picture of Johan and the two loves of my life; Lo & Alice, my kids, my nieces. I wish I could see them EVERY day.

Untitled
June 13, 2016: Last Summer Johan and I were making stuff for a food market, graphic design, sign design, photography, illustrations etc etc. It was a fun, strange and intense time.

Untitled
June 13, 2017: Today I've been helping Johan spell-correcting a menu for Gotham Grill in Kreuzberg. I wish Johan would make an online portfolio so I can show you all the amazing stuff he's been designing lately. In the meantime I will snap pictures whenever I can, he's still my favourite designer :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my... I remember so much of this! Specially the big cheese wheel! So glad you made this post. Love from Chile, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, thank you so much for still hanging out here :) xo

      Delete
  2. Hahah, Sandra Juusto, kyllä :D "Kyllä" means "yes" in Finnish, btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love these posts so much! And about 2011: I live very close to that shop and secretly dream of opening it an selling exactly what it says on the sign...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.